Social connection in the COVID-19 Crisis
The All Party Parliamentary Group on Social Integration (APPG) decided to hold a two-part inquiry about social connection during the COVID-19 crisis. The APPG put out a call for written evidence, supplemented by three online evidence sessions held in mid-April 2020.
Questions that the first part of the inquiry looked at included:
- What issues has the COVID-19 crisis raised in relation to social connection and integration?
- Who is at risk of social isolation?
- What challenges have been encountered in working to reach and support socially isolated groups?
- Is there best practice that could be shared with others working in similar situations?
- What should the Government be doing to support practitioners in their work to reach and support socially isolated groups?
- What support would be useful from other relevant groups such as councils, the NHS and other civil society bodies?