Norfolk Against Scams Partnership: anti-scamming campaign launched
Today the Norfolk Against Scams Partnership launches an anti-scamming campaign. This three-week campaign will have different focus on partners’ social media platforms each week, using the hashtag #NorfolkScamAware.
The three themes are:
- Trusted information – to guide the public to useful information and support agencies.
- Protect – to give advice on how people can better equip themselves to identify the signs of scamming.
- Watch Out – to make victims aware of the Norfolk Scam Prevention Service and the new scams that have emerged due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Information will be shared on Twitter, Facebook and the weekly Norfolk Trading Standards alerts.
- Cllr Margaret Dewsbury, chair of Norfolk Against Scams Partnership: spokesperson for Trusted Information (week one)
- Rik Martin, Operations Manager at Community Action Norfolk: spokesperson for Protect (week two)
- Lorne Green, Police and Crime Commissioner for Norfolk: spokesperson for Watch Out (week three)
NSAB is asking all partners to support this awareness campaign and share the messages with your networks and communities to raise awareness and protect the Norfolk from scams. Thanks you.