New protocol for emerging concerns
Eight health and social care regulators and other bodies have signed a new agreement to help them share concerns with each other more effectively.
The emerging concerns protocol seeks to provide a clearly defined mechanism for us to share information and intelligence that may indicate risks to users of services, their carers, families or professionals.
The following organisations have signed the protocol:
- Care Quality Commission
- General Medical Council
- General Pharmaceutical Council
- Health and Care Professions Council
- Health Education England
- Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Click here to read more from the CQC website.