Female genital mutilation: resource pack
The Home Office have published an updated resource pack on female genital mutilation (FGM). The pack includes:
Key information about FGM, including the legislation and what is known about prevalence.
- details of some key national resources, such as the statutory guidance and the NSPCC FGM helpline
- case studies of good practice by local authorities in tackling FGM, and resources for local authorities
- case studies of joint working to tackle FGM
- examples of good practice by the police
- on healthcare: Information about specialist clinics, information about psychotherapy and psychosocial services, the key responsibilities of healthcare professionals, and resources from the Government and the Royal Colleges
- on education: Guidance, lesson plans, videos and other resources from Government, local authorities, schools and NGOs
- resources for social care professionals
- relevant leaflets from Government and NGOs
- recommendations for the content of training, and details of some of the training courses available
- a range of videos produced by Government, NGOs, international organisations and others
- details of services provided by the Home Office’s FGM Unit (and, for British nationals overseas who are at risk of FGM, the Forced Marriage Unit)
- alist of organisations which can offer support.