Feedback on Luke and Ryan Hart seminars
We have received some excellent feedback following the five recent seminars on domestic abuse and coercive control presented by brothers, Luke and Ryan Hart.
Luke and Ryan lived in a home where they were bullied as children by their father who also harassed, oppressed and tyrannised the rest of the family daily, but never physically abused them. Their mother and sister were later murdered by their father in a car park in 2016.
Attendees listened in stunned silence to Luke and Ryan speak before being given the opportunity to ask questions to the brothers (Luke and Ryan made it very clear at the start of each seminar that no questions were off limits).
Here is a small sample of feedback:
- The details of such a traumatic event were presented in a very clear way; his thoughts around toxic masculinity were fascinating to listen to. I am speaking and raising awareness of coercive control at my next meeting to all staff.
- I enjoyed how the subject opened lively and thought provoking conversations which ultimately is what brings this important message into the public domain which, in turn, makes it acceptable for people to talk about it openly.
- Completely fab event; emotional, insightful and inspiring.
- It was better for the fact that it was their words and there was no professional polish to this. The subject matter was very sad, but it was very well presented
- Very interesting and quite sad. Made me realise that not all domestic abuse is violent. Made me aware that the media were very sympathetic to the father and not the true victims of this crime
- I'm not sure what I was expecting but I didn't anticipate the impact it would have on me. It was delivered in such an honest and humbling way from two brothers who had been through so much. Their strength of character to turn around a horrific event in their lives to make more people aware and hopefully reach out to stop the same thing happening to others had a huge impact not just on me but I felt the rest of the audience there. Their mother and sister would be so proud of the work they are doing - huge admiration to them both.
Over 97% of attendees who completed our online feedback form said that they were likely or very likely to recommend this seminar to others.