Safeguarding Adults Awareness
A half day course for all staff and volunteers in contact with adults at risk who have not previously attended safeguarding training and need basic safeguarding adults awareness.
The course aims to enable staff and volunteers to recognise safeguarding concerns and to know what to do when concerns arise.
This course is also FREE to unpaid volunteers.
- Understand what safeguarding is and their role in safeguarding adults
- Understand the Making Safeguarding Personal agenda and how to ascertain the outcomes the service user wishes for themselves
- Recognise an adult potentially in need of safeguarding and take action
- Understand the procedures for making a safeguarding alert
- Understand dignity and respect when working with individuals
- Have knowledge of policy, procedures and legislation that supports safeguarding adults activity
Visit the St Thomas Training website for more information about available courses and details of how to book.