Safeguarding for people experiencing homelessness
As part of their COVID-19 homeless-health series, NHS England & NHS Improvement recently facilitated a event called Safeguarding for People Experiencing Homelessness (13 July 2020).
The event shared the latest practice learning, knowledge and top tips gathered during the response to COVID-19 for those experiencing homelessness. This included discussion of:
- the issues, priorities and challenges of safeguarding as we approach the next phase of accommodating rough sleepers
- the responsibilities of those who work in homelessness, housing, health and social care to safeguard those who are risk of experiencing abuse or neglect (including self-neglect)
- practice examples in safeguarding
- good practice tips and resources for safeguarding as we approach the next phase of accommodating those who experiencing homelessness, including a new prototype safeguarding toolkit
- Michael Preston-Shoot, Emeritus Professor of Social Work, University of Bedfordshire
- Gill Taylor, Strategic Lead for Homelessness and Vulnerable Adults, London Borough of Haringey
- Bruno Ornelas, Head of Safeguarding and Services, Voices of Stoke / Brighter Futures Housing Association
- Fiona Bateman, Chair of Trustees, CASCAIDr
Click here to download the slideshow with notes.