NICE publishes a short guide for young people - help to overcome abuse
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) has published a short guide for young people receiving support following child abuse and neglect. The guide, written by young people who have experienced abuse or neglect, outlines messages from the NICE guideline on child abuse and neglect (published in October 2017), which the young people felt were most important to highlight.
Getting help to overcome abuse: a quick guide for young people receiving support (PDF).
The downloadable version of the guide is designed to fold into an A5 booklet. To print and create the booklet:
- Select ‘double-sided - flip on the long edge’ on your printer’s settings menu.
- Print off both A4 pages and fold them in half so that:
- pages 2 and 7 are on the inside and pages 1 and 8 are on the outside
- pages 4 and 5 are on the inside and 3 and 6 are on the outside.
- Put pages 3, 4, 5 and 6 inside pages 1, 2, 7 and 8 so that the page numbers are in the right order.
Click here for more information from Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE).
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence is an executive non-departmental public body of the Department of Health.