Mental Capacity Act - legal update with Tim Spencer-Lane (via Zoom)
St Thomas Training are hosting a Mental Capacity Act legal update with Tim Spencer-Lane on Friday 6th November 2020, 10.00am - 12.30pm. Tim is a lawyer who specialises in mental capacity, mental health and social care law. He currently works for the Government Legal Department (Department of Health and Social Care) where he advises on mental capacity and mental health law.
This live briefing session will covered the following topics:
- The ‘new’ test for capacity to consent to sexual relations
- Assessing capacity to make residence and care decisions
- The emergency MCA/DoLS COVID guidance
- Deprivation of liberty: the meaning of constant supervision and control & the role of deputies
- What stage are we with the Liberty Protection Safeguards and its Code? (If any other significant issues arise between now and 6th November we will include them too)
St Thomas Training are making a small charge (£20) for this briefing.