Material from LGA workshop on working together for effective outcomes from safeguarding concerns - now available
At the end of November the Local Government Association (LGA) brought together a range of partners for a workshop on Working together for effective outcomes from safeguarding concerns.
The aim of the workshop was to gather views from across the country to try and develop a consensus on the application of the Section 42 criteria, given there is a huge range in the way this is interpreted across the country. There were a range of presentations including:
- users of mental health services
- safeguarding and homelessness
- provider perspective on safeguarding concerns
- NHS Digital (on the national data on Safeguarding Adults (SAC) return)
- NHS England
- a Safeguarding Board
- a Local Authority and
- Police (focuses on the Poor Relation report)
Material from the event is now available on the LGA website. Click here to download the presentations.
Also available is a useful summary document setting out the difference between a safeguarding concern and a safeguarding enquiry.