Draft Mental Health Bill 2022 an overview with Tim Spencer-Lane
The draft Mental Health Bill was published on 27th June 2022. In due course it will be subject to "Pre-Legislative Scrutiny" in Parliament.
The Government has described the Bill's proposals as being "once-in-a-generation reforms, to give people greater control over their treatment and help ensure they receive the dignity and respect they deserve."
St Thomas Training will hosting a overview briefing session of the Bill's proposals with Tim Spencer-Lane via Zoom on 12th August 2022, 10.00am - 12.30pm.
Click here for more details and to book a place.
This is the first in a series of briefing sessions that he'll be doing for us on different topics over the next few months. Full programme below.
- Friday 12th August 2022, 10.00am - 12.30pm: The Draft Mental Health Bill 2022
- Wednesday 26th October 2022, 9.30pm - 11.00am: Fluctuating mental capacity - recent case law
- Wednesday 9th November 2022, 10.00am - 12.30pm: Mental Capacity Act recent case law legal update
- Friday 16th December 2022, 10.00am - 12.30pm: Deprivation of Liberty for Children and Young People (including the new "DoL Court")
- Wednesday 25th January 2023, 9.30am - 11.00pm: Preparing for the new cap on care costs
- Friday 17th March 2023, 9.30am - 11.00am: The Interface between the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and the Care Act 2014/Social Services and Wellbeing (Wales) Act 2014
• Wednesday 10th May 2023, 10.00am - 12.30pm: Mental Capacity Act recent case law legal update